With our little ones growing so quickly, and the weather on the up, where better to head than the great British high street for a seasonal uplift. The selection of baby and kids fashion has not been stronger so check out my top of the shops with insider tips of where to head for what…
1. GAP My regular readers will know that my go to shop of the moment is Gap Kids. My obsession for their playtime favourites and denim offering continues, but now Spring is in sight they have really injected some colour into their collections, with mellow yellows in dresses, shorts and range of unisex separates. Be wise with your buys and sizes, their sizing can be small, especially around the waist, so perhaps go up a couple of sizes to get your money’s worth out of your purchases.
2.COS Kids' fashion has just launched at quirky high street favourite COS. Much like their adult ranges, the childrenswear offers a high fashion edge to simple everyday basics. Although some pieces may seem a little overdone I have headed for the updated classics such as a grey padded jersey coat and a navy shirt dress ensemble. The best bit is you can match your mini-me in the same pieces - and what’s not to heart about that!
3. RIVER ISLAND I was really impressed with the Mini range from River Island. Being a print obsessive, RI Mini has a really strong print offering to suit my and Chloe's style, from pretty petals to pastel co-ords. It’s not just for the girls either, get your ‘prints charming’ some sports inspired graphic tees or my personal fave are the city photographics.
4.PETIT BATEAU Although Petit Bateau is slightly on the more expensive side, the 100% cottons used in the collection warrant paying that bit extra. (Read more about the Petit Bateau quality) For me, Petit Bateau is a shop I head to for summer wardrobes; pioneering the nautical trend you can’t go wrong with some of its famed summer stripes. Its offering allows you to pull together a complete look from a range of separates - not always an easy task on the high street. If this option is a bit too pricey for you, you can, as always, opt for a piece that can be worn time and time again. For girls my pick would be a striped dress, and for boys, a zip up sweatshirt.
5.THE LITTLE WHITE COMPANY LWC has been one of my personal one stop shops for Chloe because of the harmonious mix of bedroom furniture with clothes, sleep wear, toys, bedlinen, grow bags, gifts etc. Their merchandising is top notch, it all mixes and matches so well, with traditional blues for boys and baby pink tones for girls meaning it never goes out of fashion; not so good if you want a more fashionable ensemble. Invest in a cute crown jumper for your little princess, and these skull and crossbone pyjamas for your little pirate!
We would love to see your high street purchases. Tweet or Instagram your pics to @oliviarubin @juniormagazine with the hashtag #oliviarubinjunioronline to join the conversation.
11 of the best kids' fashion spring summer 2015 trends We roundup the best kids trends for spring summer 2015 and bring you highlights of each from high street and designer brands
Instagram or Tweet me #oliviarubinjunioronline @oliviarubin
Look out for Olivia's column coming next month...
- The Junior Design Awards 2014: THE RESULTS
- Junior Design Awards 2014: The Winners
- Olivia Rubin: Meet Junior's new monthly fashion columnist The fabulous fashion designer joins Junior to share her insider knowledge, starting with her top picks of high street and designer fashion brands for children
- Olivia Rubin: "What to buy to keep kids cosy, and on trend for winter" Our monthly fashion columnist, British fashion designer and mum of one, Olivia Rubin, shares her top tips for what to dress the kids in this winter
- Kids fashion trends spring summer 2015: 'What to buy now', by Olivia Rubin Our monthly fashion columnist highlights her favourite kids fashion trends for the new season, trials kids swimwear in Caribbean waters and let's us in on her top new kids fashion label to look out for...
- The best celebrity kids' fashion and where to steal their style, by Olivia Rubin From Harper Beckham to Gwen Stefani's boys, our monthly fashion columnist, Olivia, rounds up the best pint-sized celebrity style