Cut down on your family's waste, improve their general health and change bad habits by shopping ethically
1. Cut down on meat and dairy The Government’s Sustainable Development Commission (SDC) says that doing so reduces greenhouse gas emissions, slows the rate of deforestation and frees up vital water resources.
2. Eat organic Organic food is produced with respect for wildlife and the environment. So look out for foods certified by the Organic Farmers & Growers or the Soil Association.
3. Limit processed foodThis will be better for your child’s general health and it cuts greenhouse gas emissions from the energy-intense production and packaging of processed foods.
4. Curb waste Planning meals and writing specific shopping lists will help you buy what your family actually eats, without buying unnecessary items. Check our review of the Hello Fresh weekly delivery service.
5. Change your shopping habits Leave the car at home and go to the shops on foot or shop on the internet to reduce your carbon footprint.
Read more green living ideas...
Posted: 17/02/2017 at 13:59
Posted: 20/02/2017 at 11:55
Posted: 22/02/2017 at 15:41
Posted: 12/03/2017 at 16:42
Posted: 14/03/2017 at 10:46
© Immediate Media Company Ltd. 2019 This website is owned and published by Immediate Media Company Limited. www.immediate.co.uk